- Performs clerical support responsibilities of the Brooks Rehabilitation Clinical Research Center (BRCRC)
- Greets visitors and answers incoming calls
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and research participant information.
- Compiles and reviews department files for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Compiles reports and ensures proper distribution as necessary.
- Maintains department databases and research participant registries.
- Assists Research Manager and/or Director in tracking of all expenses and revenue related to the operation of clinical trials. This will include but is not limited to: tracking cost centers and preparing monthly reports for departmental accounting purposes, preparing check requests for expenses incurred in the research cost centers and general research cost accounting.
- Assists Research Manager and/or Director in auditing the labor distribution reports for each cost center and ensuring accurate reporting for pay rule allocations for individual research employees.
- Assists Research Manager and/or Director in approving biweekly payroll reports for Research Dept.
- Performs routine systematic audits of department files and research records on a regular basis; participates in performance improvement activities as needed.
- Assists and supports other department personnel and Investigators with scheduling and coordination associated with meetings, events, training, etc.
- Maintains calendars and schedules meetings for department as needed.
- Uses knowledge of appropriate formats for business letters, memoranda, contracts and other correspondence and creates Power Point presentations as needed for the department.
- Assists with development and revision of departmental forms, summary reports, accreditation and regulatory responses, and policies.
- Attends all staff meetings (takes and distributes meeting minutes), trainings, and educational classes as required
- Assists with the ordering and tracking of departmental supplies and equipment.
- Provides clerical support as needed for the department. Performs duties independently with little need for direct supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned to maintain the effectiveness and productivity of the department served.
- High school diploma and 3 years clerical/office experience OR 2-3 years of college with 1 year clerical/office experience required.
- Experience in a health-related field and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Windows based applications, such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, adhere to deadlines, multitask, and work independently.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality.