Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep accurate financial records of all income and disbursements; compiling various financial and statistical records; setting-up, posting to, balancing, and adjusting accounts; control accounts receivable/payable and petty cash and other various fund accounts.
- Responsible for all banking; reconciling statements; accumulating records and compiling financial reports as required. Reports would include but not be limited monthly financials to the board of directors and staff leadership; other financial reports as needed; annual audits and other financial related audits (i.e.: third party funders)
- Interfacing with an outside independent auditor for annual audits to include but not limited to local, state and federal reporting related to private not for profit organizations.
- In addition, preparing any and all audits required for federal and state funded programs.
- Reconcile differences within the record keeping system; allocate and charge encumbrances and expenditures to appropriate accounts and organization units.
- Maintain payroll system, receiving timesheets in a timely manner, W-4 forms, and compensation records.
- Assist in conducting a continuous personnel management program to include but not limited to: a. Keep informed of changes in personnel regulations, policies and procedures and alerting the staff to the significant changes.
- Be able to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out above function. Have basic bookkeeping, computer, and administrative skills.
- Qualifying experience and/or education of at least two years' work experience performing bookkeeping, fiscal, statistical, and clerical accounting activities.
- Possess ability to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written formats.
- Have knowledge of personnel regulations and procedures.
- Preferred qualifying experience and or education providing the functions for a private not for profit
- Qualifying experience in using QuickBooks
Job Type: Full-time