Our client, a large financial and mortgage firm, is looking to hire an Accountant to join their team in Jacksonville, FL. This is a remote opportunity with preference to the Jacksonville, FL area or EST hours.
This Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports, and account reconciliations according to GAAP.
- Use financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare cash and balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple sets of financial statements.
- Analyze financial statements and provide concise explanations for variances.
- Research period over period variances in revenue, cost of sales, and expense and provides logical explanations for the fluctuations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- 3-4 years of related accounting experience or at least 2 years as a public accountant
- Knowledge of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts is required
- Experience with revenue recognition is required
- CPA preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.