Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission-driven fast-growth, Series D, venture-backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Account Executive role:
As a member of the Sales team, you will be responsible for driving new, incremental sales revenue through ~20 deals a year.
This role is an Account Executive role ( travel required) and ideal for candidates who are ready to take their career to the next level selling a SaaS (Budgeting, Performance) solution that is truly making a positive social impact!
Account Executive Responsibilities
- Drive entire sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing with emphasis on high volume deals
- Secure new clients for core SaaS platform
- Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types
- Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts.
- Forecast accuracy and leverage MEDDIC framework weekly
- Exceed revenue targets by selling at prevailing rates
- Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls
- Share the OpenGov vision and product technically via teleconference and in-person presentations with government officials
- Convince and command on the phone, and to quickly establish credibility and rapport
- 2-5 years of experience selling technology with documented results in a high-paced environment
- Successful sales experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is ideal
- SaaS Prospecting and Sales/Sales Development Experience Required
- Passionate about selling technology and what it can do for society
- Ability to have financial, initiative-based, and budget-related conversations with government executives
- Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
- Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
- Acute self-awareness and desire to grow within an organization, personally and professionally
- Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related fields
- Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.