The Account Executive is responsible for the day to day operational activity and wallet share growth of a portfolio of existing TMC Customers. This role builds relationships at the operational levels in a customer in order to become their trusted advisor while maximizing wallet-share. The AE builds far reaching win-win solutions that make the client's life easier while saving money and driving TMC gross profit growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of customers closed by the Business Development Representative
- Work with operational level contacts to provide value and increase TMC wallet share.
- Win additional business whether it be new lanes, modes or shipping locations.
- Solve operational problems and ensure all shipping locations are getting the best service possible.
- Manage customer account receivables with Billing and AR Teams
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with account stakeholders
- Identify semi-dedicated, dedicated and single source opportunities
- Utilize TMC reporting platforms in order to investigate data for trends.
- Assist in building annual customer budget.
- Manage pricing process and guidelines in order to win additional business.
- Update all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the client.
- Partner with CSS Team (from all CSS locations) to improve and grow customer and carrier commitments.
- Communicate daily and weekly information vital to the success of the branch back to the GM concerning challenges, successes, and general information with accounts, people and processes.
- Four-year degree, preferably in Transportation and Logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- One year experience in a 3PL environment preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience at TMC
- Not currently on a Performance/Discipline Improvement Plan
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical requirements and work environment described is representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods of time.
Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high-volume telephone environment.