Wound Care Clinical Coordinator
Responsible for the coordination of clinical activities within the Wound Care Center, including but not limited to organization, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing patient care. Clinical Coordinator shares accountability for healing outcomes in the Center, which includes clinical practices and patient satisfaction leading to the success of the program. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position.
• Provides case management to a group of patients by providing specific assessments, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
• Provides HBO patient assessment and chamber operation as required.
• Organizes and prioritizes clinical responsibilities.
• Provides direct supervision to clinical staff (RN, LVN, CNA, Techs).
• Collaborates with other health care providers regarding clinic and patient needs.
• Consistently looks at current processes and procedures to identify and implement areas of improvement while adhering to HIPAA and JC.
• Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to develop, implement and manage continuous Performance Improvement.
• Engages in staff development, providing general inservices as well as individual instructions and orientation.
• Collaborates with Program Director in budgetary and financial aspects of Wound Care Center management.
Education and Training: Provides documents or credentials of graduation from an accredited school of nursing and a current Registered Nursing License for the state in which the employee is working. ACLS certification is required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Has current CPR certification and maintains same. Wound care certification, preferred.
Experience: Extensive wound care and HBO experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must possess good verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Working knowledge of computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, web-based database programs and the Internet.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.