Title: WebSphere Developer
Location: Remote for Client based In Jacksonville, FL
Contract: Approved through 7/31/2021
Alluvion Staffing is searching for a WebSphere developer for one of its top clients in the Healthcare industry. The WebSphere Developer will plan, develop, test, and document systems and applications applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. You will evaluate user requests for new or modified application systems, such as for financial or human resource management system, call center and online banking applications, statistical analysis of customer data relative to analytical modeling, or analyzing and developing specifications for mobile technologies. Determine feasibility, cost, and time required, compatibility with current system and future development applications.
- Strong Portal and Web Content Manager Development knowledge. Ability to design and develop new web solutions for the PSCU “Digital Experience” platform using industry standard SDLC processes.
- Ability to support and lead others to develop new WebSphere Portal web components utilizing onshore and offshore teams.
- Champion new development and code releases.
- Ability to design and develop solutions on the Portal platform using Angular 5.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written formats to a technical and business audience.
- Ability to analyze systems and detailed data to develop application systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to deliver and deploy solutions, ensuring that they are on time, within budget and to the required standard.
- Ability to lead/collaborate with other programmers, analysts, and business stakeholders.
- Ability to follow, enhance, and produce application standards relating to project and process methodologies, and applications development best practices.
- Ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to senior management regarding proposed IT solutions.
- Ability to be on-call.
- Determine resource requirements (skill sets and project roles of team member when appropriate) based on project requirements, timeframes, and budget.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade application systems.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and connectivity problems, including user access and configuration.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Work as a team member (or lead) with other technical and/or business staff (onsite and offshore) to ensure successful development, deployment, connectivity, and compatibility between systems.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network. Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- 3-5 years programming experience required.
- 3 years of program/systems analysis experience required
- 5 + years programming language work experience in an object-oriented programming language required
- Portal development experience required
- Minimum three (3) years relational database experience required, preferably with ORACLE 11G and SQL Server required
- Database design experience preferred
- Knowledge of computer governance, security, and regulatory procedures and protocol
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of education and experience required.
- Comments for Suppliers: Resource will be supporting/maintaining PACE application for Enterprise Content Management Solutions (ECMS) domain.
- Candidates must have experience with Java development (latest version preferred), supporting IBM WebSphere environments as well as DB2 database.
- This is primarily a support role of current application, identifying and resolving potential issues.
- Open to remote resources but would need to be on-site post COVID-19 restrictions.