Applies broad knowledge of principles in a specific area. Independently evaluates, selects and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, able to function on multi-discipline teams. Capable of planning and leading a major project or working on several projects of moderate scope. Responsibilities include planning and designing complete projects, systems, components or processes. Able to plan, design and conduct experiments, analysis and interpret results.. Receives limited supervision on assignments, may receive guidance when necessary or when using modified techniques or unconventional approaches. Responsible to assign and direct work of others as assigned and coordinate work with other internal and external stakeholders as required. Prepares for the manager project scopes, schedules, budgets, assignments and communications regarding specific assignments and projects.
- Lead water and wastewater system design & development projects as assigned. This includes all aspects ranging from system modeling, planning, design, cost estimating and scope development under the direction and review of a manager or designee.
- Responsible for providing operational support to the water and wastewater operating staff. Includes monitoring system performance, modifying procedures, providing technical advice or training, investigating system failures, and participating in process improvement opportunities under the direction and review of a manager or designee.
- Provide project management in the construction of complex water and wastewater system projects. This includes scope, resource and budget development, vendor selection and resource procurement, permitting, project coordination, site inspections, and testing under the direction and review of a manager or designee.
- Sign and seal system drawings, specifications and reports.
- Prepare requests for proposal (RFPs), reviewing responses and making bid award recommendation based on JEA procurement guidelines and policy.
- Oversee complex field inspections including testing. Responsible to document and report non- conformance with design plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with other internal and external stakeholders as required regarding engineering requirements and utility projects.
- Prepare technical, financial or process analysis related reports.
- Prepare written and verbal project status reports to include scheduling and financial performance details.
- Use complex computer simulation software and interpret results.
- Train and mentor others in engineering, project management or other related aspects of the functional area.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.