The Vice President of Procurement, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, leads the procurement function, including development and implementation of strategic and operational sourcing, procurement, contracting and supply management strategies, and operations processes to ensure the organization attains the best value in the goods and services required to enable achievement of its goals. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading and implementation of contemporary enterprise wide procurement systems. Candidates must have experience leading a coherent supplier management process including evaluation, selection & ongoing management including KPI's to effectively measure performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement organizational procurement policies and processes to ensure a consistent and standardized approach and to drive improvements and efficiencies in procurement activities.
- Design and execute an organizational procurement strategy, supported by tactical and innovative procurement programs, to deliver enhanced benefits and value to the customer/end user and to support service delivery aims.
- Develop vendor relationship strategies and is responsible for all aspects of vendor relationship management.
- Lead the research and analysis of market trends and best practice to ensure sourcing and procurement strategies and approaches are current, risks are identified. Governance frameworks are effective, and insight is gained through the analysis of costs, benefits and supply markets.
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement to encourage innovative practices and support delivery of business and policy directions.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to provide strategic insights on business needs, resolve complex issues, and deliver high performance cost, service and quality outcomes.
- Provide leadership, direction and effective management of the procurement team and cross-functional working groups to achieve a high-level of performance in procurement and deliver high quality advice and service to stakeholders.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, and ethical and procurement risks to minimize negative impacts on organizational objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Establish performance standards and evaluation processes to assess and report on procurement activity in terms of progress, results, customer satisfaction, value and cost.
- Development of organizational procurement strategy and systems.
- Creation and management of short, mid and long term goals and objectives.
- Selection and management of procurement systems.
- Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training and development and knowledge management capabilities.
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives.
- Budget management for categories under management- and for procurement itself.
- Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement.
- Experience in purchasing, contract development and contract administration.
- Knowledge of contract terms, conditions and legal ramifications.
- Strong skills in conducting contract negotiations strategies, directly negotiation distribution contracts and agreements of significant complexity and ability to write complex distribution agreements to protect the company's interests.
- Develop, direct and manage a total cost of ownership strategy: identify and establish supplier alliance programs, develop and measure key performance indicators and supplier scorecard.
Job Qualifications/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years' senior management vendor procurement and operational management experience.
- Demonstrated experience building and forming functional teams with strong leadership skills. Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners such as IT, Finance, HR, Legal, etc.