VP Product Management
The Vice President of Product Management is an executive influencer responsible for managing product performance, communicating status, prioritizing products and their enhancements, developing products and programs, and executing on initiatives that create the most value for One Call and its customers. This position is both internally and externally focused on product opportunities and acts as the primary liaison for communicating product vision and strategy. This position leads an indirect team comprising shared service professionals including but not limited to the areas of Operations, Sales, Finance, IT, Provider Network and Marketing to ensure One Call is building the right products to support the business goals and to lead the market. This position reports to the Managing Director of Specialty Network Solutions or the Managing Director of Complex Care Solutions.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a product organization with an environment of high collaboration and continual alignment.
- Sets a new product roadmap, leads new product ideation and development, and drives a product development vision across the organization to ensure appropriate alignment, roles and responsibilities, and successful performance in the market.
- Works directly with other Product Leaders to ensure that the Product Development Organization provides an enterprise-wide process and delivery mechanism that meets our customer needs.
- Works with the Managing Director of assigned product(s) to ensure products are within established P&L guidelines and meet both company and customer expectations.
- Develops and shares comprehensive product development roadmaps to gain organizational consensus and support for new products and their value in the market,
- Provides a mechanism to determine the level of development investment required to deliver features and functionality specified in the product’s roadmap, and
- Provides a framework for the entire organization (e.g., IT, Marketing, Sales, Operations) to plan for the evolution and successful execution of the product’s design.
- Provides Sales with the market “story” for each product, through product messaging, including product training and support of sales during customer interactions.
- Supports sales pipeline activity and new business acquisition through messaging development, sales training, marketing development and/or CRM operations; assists with developing and delivering RFP responses.
- Works with other Product Leaders to set strategy and define the roadmap to successfully launch the product(s) or introduce enhancements in the market.
- Maintains product vision and other documentation by ensuring changes in market, business priorities including integration needs, and technology advancements are captured and accurately reflected from a value perspective. Presents status updates at quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings.
- Analyzes the market and competitive environment to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value strategically and tactically.
- Manages product performance and creates an effective process for change management as issues arise or needed changes are identified.
- Creates product enhancements through both process and technology changes to close gaps in delivery, improve overall efficiency, or increase market adoption.
- Develops a mechanism to capture customer and market feedback on current products in the market and solicits appropriate input from customers, partners, and internal teams on future product enhancements/evolution.
- Partners with Sales and other Product team members to drives real participation and input from customers and increase attainment of value from the product.
- Delivers high-performing new products aimed at ensuring customer and partner retention and growth resulting in the realization of revenue and EBITDA goals. Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Support marketing, sales and customer support through the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos.
- Monitors all aspects of financial and non-financial performance of assigned products to ensure maximum adoption and profitability in relevant market(s).
- Has direct responsibility for P&L, market performance, and identification of logical evolution of assigned products, managing them from concept through launch and retirement phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) and/or a Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., or M.B.A), preferably in marketing, finance, supply chain, operations. Minimum of 10 years of a combination of product development and management experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in product strategy, competitive intelligence, market analysis and/or project management
- Experience managing lifecycle of product development
- Experience in the health services industry
- Certified Product Manager (CPM, CAPM) preferred
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing multiple tasks is helpful.
- Must be able to effectively present information to clients and/or public.
- Must have fluent understanding of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as demonstrated skills in presentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing superior customer service through needs assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluation.
- Knowledge of business processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the overall satisfaction of the customer.
- Knowledge of work processing, database management, standard office procedures, programs, and medical terminology a plus.
- Ability to write professionally in business communications and make presentations at client sites or online.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others to work to build and maintain strong, working relationships.
- Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems.
- Effective use of core time, being self-directed. Ability to prioritize.
- Looks for ways to help people and contribute actively.
- Identifies complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Communicates the ability to listen, comprehend and communicate effectively.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with sales team, departments, and accounts.
- Perceives, resolves, and anticipates potential issues before they arise or escalate.