General position summary:
Responsible for the strategic development of the business unit’s Operational Containerization division. This role will direct and oversee the leadership, growth and development of the multimodal freight transportation team. This position will also work in concert with the business unit Vice Presidents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead operational reviews and determine steps for improved communication, processes, and procedures.
- Develop long term strategic partnerships with carriers, hauling partners, agents and drivers to minimize cost but maintain critical KPI’s
- Evaluate freight network to ensure cost and time in transit are optimized for cost efficiencies and to provide the best possible experience for our consumer.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop KPI dashboard
- Oversee the effectiveness of all processes (budget, operations, and management, etc.)
- Develop and review comprehensive KPI reporting for our delivery network on fulfillment accuracy, delivery timing, and customer satisfaction.
- On-going evaluation of costs and strategic development of opportunities to revolutionize the transportation process.
- Direct all aspects of planning, budgeting and performance of containerization operations consistent with prudent financial management and operational excellence.
- Ensure execution of cross border activity that maintains on-time departures and arrivals, maximization of capacity, profit and loss responsibility, and excellent customer service.
- Develop long term strategic partnerships with carriers, Freight Forwarders, NVO’s and expedited delivery services to minimize cost but maintain critical KPI’s.
Job Skills Required:
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior leadership and team.
- Ability to evaluate human capital, organizational structure and manage high performing teams.
- Capacity to integrate processes and to support strategic business decisions.
- Project management skills to manage resources, schedules, budgets and make technical/business decisions.
- Experience with leading and standing up customer service/experience teams.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire commitment to achieve exceptional employee loyalty, teamwork to deliver results, transparency of performance, flexibility to shift priorities and mobilize resources with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of a company.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to handle multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments.
- Results focused as able to meet deadlines and deliver results against specific timetables.
- Directly and indirectly supervises employees in the customer service teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, preferred. A minimum of ten years of related experience and/or transportation or logistics related management or combination of education and work experience.
- Up to 30% travel required.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn and effectively use software applications such as move management, Mover suite and other applications used in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs change throughout the workday
- Ability to multi-task and organize workflow to manage daily responsibilities, meet deadlines and prioritize work