Company is a privately owned marine, transportation and logistics company providing worldwide solutions since 1892. We have over 6,000 high-performing team members in 34 countries and Caribbean territories, who are diverse, encouraged and deliver on their commitments. We are Company, the people who know.
The Company Way
We believe in and celebrate the power of collaboration between people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share their differences and are driven to achieve business and personal goals. We support the development of our high performers and are committed to guiding them every step of the way.
What does this role look like
You will be responsible for overall strategy, direction, and management of the Company’s global insurance program, captive insurance company, and Risk Management organization to ensure that the Company is protected from the risk of doing business.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Directing the structuring, negotiation, purchasing, and management of over 100 insurance policies annually, while having a high level of technical expertise in marine and trucking risks.
- Overseeing the management of claims and loss control activities and allocation of insurance-related costs.
- Acting as primary relationship manager with internal customers and third-party service providers, including brokers, insurers, and other TPAs.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring processes to identify operational and contractual risk and provide insurance-based and alternative risk solutions to Company’s business units.
- Understanding new insurance products, market conditions, and financial strength of insurers.
- Advising senior management on emerging exposures and offering solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Preparing loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures, recommending solutions, implementing approved programs, and working with the company’s operations and safety teams to promote loss prevention.
- Ensuring that the cost of risk identified is budgeted and forecasted in compliance with financial reporting policies.
- Overseeing management of and expansion opportunities for captive.
- Responsible for annual insurance premiums of approximately $15.5M, insurance program retained claims of $9.0M, operating company deductible retention of $8-$9m, approximately 5,000 employees, assets insured for approximately $3.1 billion, annual operating revenue of $800.0M to $1.0B, department administrative cost of $4M, and approximately 30 Risk Management personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or business or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years in risk management and insurance required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- A combination of Marine and Trucking Insurance experience
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation
- Experience presenting to Sr Level Executives and related stakeholders
What an average day looks like:
- You possess exceptional leadership and communication skills, are able to build and maintain a network of internal and external alliances, and possess a broad-based operational perspective and deep industry knowledge.
- You have a strategic mindset with proven negotiating and management skills.
- You demonstrate proven experience developing, improving and streamlining processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- You effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
Apply if you are qualified and these competencies describe you:
- Demonstrates self-awareness (our culture thrives on positive intent, which applies to receiving/giving feedback).
- Action-oriented (you figure things out and execute).
- Manage ambiguity (things change so we want to know you can adapt).
- Collaborates (you know five heads are better than one).
- Nimble learning (you’re knowledgeable of a lot of subjects and are not afraid to share and seek new skills and insight).