Company is looking for a Vice President of Finance with 5 -10 years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs. Their goal is to radically change the way we do space missions today by building everything you need for space, in space.
Directs and manages budgeting, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, planning and applicable analysis and reporting within engineering programs that contain a large development scope, and within technology research and development projects in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current aerospace and defense industry trends and regulations.
REQUIREMENTS: Develop and implement an integrated business systems toolset to facilitate program control, planning and reporting. Ensure that program cost and schedule commitments are met.
- Monitoring program performance to ensure financial reporting accuracy, maintain FAR/CAS compliance as required, and identify issues for disclosure and remediation.
- Prepare government contract reporting requirements and present to customer.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist senior managers in managing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the business.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism.
- Develop cost proposals, including review of RFP, FAR clauses, and coordination with sub-contractor flow-downs, prepare basis of estimates, pricing strategies, cash management, negotiation strategy and cost proposal kick-offs.
- Participate in the negotiation of customer, supplier and service contracts.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory interaction.
- Successful track record as a finance leader of a $100M+ organization.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting.
- 10-15 years' experience in finance in a related segment or industry. Aerospace and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience performing budgeting, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, planning and applicable analysis and reporting within engineering programs that contain a large development scope, and within technology research and development projects.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted earned value management system procedures and application.
- Knowledge of and experience with government contracting and FAR/CAS.
- Knowledge of and experience with debt financing.
- Experience in managing commercial and government audits.
- Experience and knowledge with industry pricing software.
- Experience in finance in a government contracting/government cost accounting environment.
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting.