Responsible for developing, recommending, implementing and managing all aspects of advertising and sponsorship programs for Company. This leader will be accountable to drive growth in top of funnel (awareness, discovery, preference), middle of funnel (purchase, activation) and bottom of funnel (deepen, retain, advocacy) through optimized use of a variety of advertising channels and key sponsorships. Additionally, will lead development of all direct member acquisition programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Advertising Leadership: Develop and manage media plans that include both online and offline channels and drive awareness, preference and product sales and engagement.
- o Balance brand and performance media and ensure campaigns and media spend are tracked and measured for effectiveness. Develop media plans with clear measurements and goals
- o Optimize advertising results through deeper audience insights and targeting, aligned creative approaches, continuous improvement through test and learn, driving innovation and optimizing partnerships
- • Sponsorships: Develop an overall sponsorship strategy that will drive brand awareness and growth in new and existing regions
- o Lead sponsorship activation across the organization, to create experiences that will drive member, commercial, employee and community engagement. Connect Marketing and Sales teams to sponsorship activities to maximize new membership and sales.
- o Negotiate new partnerships and serve as the day-to-day contact with sponsorship partners, lead reviews and senior executive report outs
- o Improve the effectiveness of existing sponsorships and identify new sponsorship opportunities for review by the Board and senior management
- o Create guidelines and criteria for new sponsorships which align with Company’s “Do Good. Bank Better” brand purpose.
- • Brand leadership: Set the overall creative vision for brand and product advertising and sponsorships, lead end-to-end activation of Company’s newly developed brand strategy and purpose and ensure that the brand vision is reflected across all advertising and sponsorship programs.
- o Create a long-term strategy for brand expression that drives increased top of funnel awareness and preference.
- o Maintaining and update Company’s brand guidelines from corporate brand to products and lines of business and ensure key internal and external partners are able to apply them consistently.
New Member Growth: Grow new membership through direct-to-consumer/small business acquisition campaigns, sponsorship, and advertising.
- • Agency Management: Lead and manage Company’s agency relationship across advertising, media planning/buying, and brand implementation
- • Budget Ownership: Develop, manage, and optimize annual advertising, media and sponsorship investment budgets
Special Projects: Performs other assignments as assigned.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following Company Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job:
• Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing client or member.
• Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate your care.
• Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions (70%/30% rule).
• Counsel Recommend solutions based on your member’s needs and objectives.
• Advance Ensure that member’s expectations were exceeded.
Verify necessary follow-up actions.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE
• 10 or more years marketing experience with at least 5 years in Financial Services
• 5 or more years experience in B2C brand strategy with experience leading teams, planning and delivering successful brand strategy, insights, and marketing initiatives across a portfolio of brands (a mix of agency and client-side experience preferred)
• Contemporary marketer who believes in the art and science of marketing and possesses the right balance of brand and performance marketing skills
• A compelling storyteller who knows who to tell stories about brands to multiple audience experiences
• A strong understanding of the complete brand management process and experience leading a campaign from start to finish
• Proven experience developing brand strategy and crafting a meaningful 360 campaign brief that delivers upon the larger brand, audience, and channel strategies
• Prior experience leading, coaching and developing a team of professionals, as well as working across indirect reports and cross functional teams.
• Experience presenting to C-Suite and Board-Level executives
• Excellent written and verbal skills; articulate, confident, and thoughtful
• Experience with complex contract negotiations for sponsorships and partnership agreements
• Deep financial acumen; strong quantitative thinking and skills; fiscally responsible
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Able to handle changing priorities, make good decisions under pressure and use sound judgment.
Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.