This position is responsible for recruiting and contracting blue chip and large brokers to market to large employer accounts of more than 1000 employees. Seek strategic alliances with insurance companies, banks, credit unions, associations and affinity groups to compete in the strategic designer space for workplace products.
- The principal areas of concentration include: recruiting new producers (blue chip and large brokers), sales production from Workplace products, achievement of premium growth objectives, and meeting electronic enrollment goals.
- Makes qualified calls on groups with blue chip and large brokers.
- Stays current on sales and marketing techniques and on changes in state and federal law that affect our sales forts and industry in general.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Workplace Sales Support, Underwriting, Compliance, Policyholder Services, Premium Administration, ITS, Commission Accounting, Home Office Personnel and Company Field Management.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop brokers throughout the territory.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the brokers and Home Office departments.
- Analyze specialized markets, formulate recruiting programs, and implement effective marketing programs to secure brokers who will effectively produce quality premiums for AWD in its various markets.
- Work with brokers to help bring value to their existing book of business and develop new opportunities.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace.
- Implement and support corporate strategy and 8-2-5 Marketing Plan.
- Control and manage expenses to Company standards.
- Terminate non-producers according to Company standards.
- Meet or exceed electronic enrollment goals.
- Advanced knowledge of individual and group products as well as Payroll Allotment and Section 125
- Strong sales, communication and relationship building skills
- At least 5 years of previous experience in the recruitment and management of an insurance sales force
- Experience working with large national accounts preferred
- College degree
- Professional designations, such as CLU and ChFC are desired. If not completed, you should actively pursue completion of one of these designations
- Strong work ethic