This position oversees the mortgage sales functions within the Credit Union, which includes providing direction, leadership, and goal-setting for the member-facing mortgage sales force and partnering in the administration of the lending system and various delivery methods through which members apply for and obtain a mortgage with the Credit Union.
The incumbent must be member experience-focused, staying abreast of industry trends and opportunities, and leveraging this knowledge to recommend and implement new, improve existing, policies, procedures, products, and processes to ensure the Credit Union maintains its position as a market leader. Will further hire, develop, coach, and evaluate staff to ensure the team provides excellent member service while adhering to the Credit Union’s established policies, procedures, and processes as well as all relevant laws and regulations.
Must be familiar with standard mortgage products, including, but not limited to, Conforming and Jumbo fixed and ARM mortgages, VA, FHA, and USDA loans, Home Equity and HELOC loans, Construction loans, and Non-Owner Occupied and Condo lending. Must be knowledgeable about, and keep abreast of, all relevant mortgage laws and regulations. The incumbent will be responsible for the understanding of all applicable mortgage loan products and must be familiar with requirements including processing, quality control, and proper documentation and procedures for mortgage lending.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Guides and directs proper application of procedures and policies by staff to achieve quality service, improve productivity, maintain confidentiality and security controls, which will provide positive response to member’s requests for services. Reviews and approves or instructs staff in processing exceptional or extraordinary transactions or responding to members who request services outside of established policies and procedures. Receives and investigates complaints.
- Effective management of Sales Manager, Supervisors, MLO’s and HLA’s maximizing mortgage and home equity volume, production, and business development efforts.
- Develop proactive sales plans to maximize the growth and retention of all real estate product and service members. Manage sales processes and procedures for the MLO’s & HLA’s while ensuring an exceptional member experience is provided to all existing and potential members.
- Analyze and recommend resources and staffing changes, evaluate and assess direct reports, and promote initiatives to support the professional development of the team.
- Responsible for continuing education of MLO’s & HLA’s and rolling out Real Estate Lending initiatives.
- Manage the capabilities of the MLO’s, HLA’s and sales systems to ensure maximum cross-sell efforts are in place in a continued effort to create complete member relationships.
- Partner Relations: Establish collaborative partnerships with other lines of business, including Retail, Consumer, Business, Investments, Wealth and Commercial.
- Makes credit decisions as authorized. Reviews as necessary any mortgage loans for approval that may require an exception to policy. If appropriate, approves the decision to make an exception and reports it to the SVP, Real Estate Lending.
- Guides the Sales Manager(s) in defining expectations for Mortgage Loan Officers and Home Loan
Advisors with respect to sales goals and activities and member service.
- Oversees management and staff at multiple locations within the Credit Union’s geographic footprint, including sales staff working remotely and/or within the Credit Union’s branch network.
- Responsible for staffing of the mortgage sales department. Ensures staff assigned to the department is properly trained. Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Counsels employees to enhance job performance and resolve work related problems. Initiates or reviews and approves written records documenting personnel actions.
- Develops, recommends and operates within budget for department. Monitors expense for cost efficient operation for department.
- Reviews and/or ensures proper completion, forwarding and/or retention of records.
- Works directly with the branches, call center or members to resolve issues. Must be a strong team player with a high level of professionalism and initiative.
- Monitors trends and provides updates to the SVP, Real Estate Lending on any emerging trends/issues/opportunities.
- Ensures all regulatory reporting is completed on or before the required deadlines. This includes annual HMDA reporting, as well as FHLMC and FNMA reports.
- Develops and administers training with Mortgage Sales as well as throughout the credit union as needed.
- Participates in preparation and presentation of home buying seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned