With appropriate consultation with the SVP Human Resources provide strategic HR leadership to Company. Administers human resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee compensation and benefits, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events. This position must complete special projects or other duties as assigned and must have the ability to plan and coordinate many projects simultaneously. The incumbent is expected to contribute to the decision-making events that will affect Company’s corporate strategy. This position will be central point of contact as an internal consultant to Company’s management team, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships. The incumbent is expected to be able to plan, develop, evaluate and lead a team of human resource professionals with a goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive internal consulting group. The incumbent will foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by the Board of Directors and senior management team of Company
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership in the critical area of recruitment by developing the most creative and cost-effective ways of generating high-quality candidates in the marketplace and getting them to our company.
- Develop an effective Human Resources Team.
- Develop long-term relationships with organizations and individuals that will enhance the talent pipeline flow toward the company.
- Working with department supervisors and the company recruiter, recruit, interview and recommend qualified employee candidates who can best contribute to the success and growth of the company.
- Responsible for advising management to ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, employment and training.
- Remain current with changes in human resource and employment law and manage company relationships with state and local regulatory agencies as required.
- Advise employee, management and potential employees on benefit programs including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, supplemental medical, 401(k) plan, Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Serve as internal consultant to managers and advisor/mediator in employee situations in which discipline is required.
- Advise management regarding all employee terminations; administer all aspects of employee terminations.
- Work with the Training and Development Department to develop a highly effective orientation program that emphasizes the critical importance and Company’s core values and welcoming and integrating new employees into the corporate culture (with emphasis on corporate culture, mission and company policies).
- Working with the Training and Development Department coordinate job training with supervisor to ensure beneficial starting experience for new employees.
- Monitors wage and salary administration, with particular emphasis on compliance with annual salary budget guidelines.
- Administer and advise on the use of our Human Resources Information System, (Enterprise Version 5 (EV5 - Core System), Employee Self Service (ESS) and Management Self Service (MSS) for personnel record keeping related to new hires, employee reviews, benefits compensation, promotions, transfers, separations and exit interviews.
- Administer, advise and train management on the use of our Human Resources Applicant Tracking System – ADP Virtual Edge.
- Have thorough knowledge of our Company Learning Center (LMS) and administer, advise and train management on its use for tracking employee training (courses completed and identifying and listing the needed)
- Responsible for evaluating, planning and recommending annual budgeting for Human Resources recruiting.
- Coordinating, monitoring and working closely with the Branch Vice Presidents and Company Academy high school coordinators with the selection, hiring and pre-employment screening process.
- Participates in job analyses to establish the specific requirements of individual jobs within each department for the creation of job descriptions.
- Actively participate in the Society for Human Resources Management.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following Company Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job:
- Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing client or member.
- Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate your care.
- Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions (70%/30% rule).
- Counsel Recommend solutions based on your member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance Ensure that member’s expectations were exceeded.
JOB KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to meet dead lines
- Effective written and oral communications
- 8-10 years experience in Human Resources or a related field
- Strong knowledge of all Human Resources areas including: compensation, benefits administration, recruiting and selection and employee relations.
- Experience in strategically leading a Human Resources function
- Experience in a financial institution
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Professional Human Resources certification
- Minimum of five years' experience in Employee Relations.
- Minimum of five years' experience in Leadership Education/Development.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the Credit Union industry, another financial institution, or comparable work experience.
- Masters Degree in Human Resources or other related field
- Senior Professional Human Resources certification