Vice President, Enterprise Authentication & Fraud will provide strategic direction and thought leadership for Enterprise Authentication for all channels, Fraud detection and Fraud Investigations
Responsible for establishing and monitoring the Enterprise Risk Authentication Roadmap through all channels (Internet Banking, Call Center, IVR, etc). Responsible for detection and managing cross-channel suspicious activity and fraud events involving deposit and loan accounts, plastic cards and electronic distribution channels (e.g., Internet Banking/mobile, Remote Deposit Capture, wires, ACH, etc.) Increase risk awareness and understanding of individual and compounding related fraud and risk exposures across the myriad of products and services Company offers.
Identify, analyze, respond to and monitor internal and external related risks that assists Company in achieving its 1) mission to provide quality service and to maintain fiscal soundness and 2) strategic goals and objectives. Through a common integrated risk identification process, a risk analysis and management discipline, provide consolidated reporting of disparate risks, improve understanding of key risk drivers and subsequent decision making, strengthen governance and support a risk intelligent culture throughout the organization.
Defines a risk management strategy needed to identify and evaluate emerging and existing cross-channel risk drivers, implement risk management monitoring and response practices and define acceptable tolerance levels. Defining risk mitigation and response strategy – avoid, reduce, take alternative action, share/insure or accept, for identified fraud and risk exposures.
The Vice President, Enterprise Authentication & Fraud sets department objectives and empowers their team to manage their respective teams to achieve results and utilizes key metrics to review progress. Ensures the team has the training and resources to execute on short and long-term strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for Plastic Card Payment area to handle all disputes, fraud rules and strategies.
- Responsible for the Call Center fraud detection system and voice metrics rules and processes. Responsible for implementing all internal fraud monitoring.
- Responsible for handling rewards and money movement fraud disputes.
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership for fraud with emphasis on cross channel fraud, authentication and member experience.
- Identify and enable innovative fraud solutions that meet both existing and future needs.
- Develops detection methodology of high-risk transactions and various fraud that is occurring throughout various channels by analyzing data through multiple systems or triggers a risk intelligent culture with strong collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Help to create and foster an increased understanding and awareness of business line managers’ responsibility for risk assessment and management activities in their daily decision-making processes and procedural guidance. Will provide advice and consult with line managers to support more information risk-based thinking and decision-making skills to proactively mitigate or reduce identified exposures.
- Develop strategies for the annual strategic business plan goals and objectives. Monitor performance in meeting the goals and objectives. Define tactical business plans for department. Monitors performance in meeting goal and objectives.
- Provide independent, enterprise-wide dashboard reports on a set frequency (e.g. quarterly) Provide a collective overview and picture on the effectiveness of the strategy and whether the current objectives are being achieved. Identify opportunities to enhance and strengthen the risk response strategy.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team to deliver high standards of operational excellence as a high performing team and a culture of best practice. Ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used to focus on key risk prevention, detection, mitigation and required reporting activities on an ongoing basis as well as maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain departmental processes to identify, analyze, monitor and report on emerging fraud event trends to drive proactive prevention, identify issues, monitor risk response strategies and solutions using business intelligence information. Ensure departmental practices are in place to consistently maintain and safeguard confidentiality of information and support the highest level of ethical standards.
- Responsible to ensure all plastic card fraud claims are handles within Regulation E timeframes.
- Responsible for developing monitoring for internal fraud that would be escalated to Internal Audit if detected suspicious.
- Responsible for establishing all procedures and parameters in the Enterprise Call, fraud desktop analytics, fraud detection and voice metrics system.
- Responsible for processing all rewards and money movement fraud claims.
- Understand online and call center authentication tools and strategies, maintain an in-depth understanding of all forms of electronic payment methods (e.g., Internet Banking/mobile external transfers, Remote Deposit Capture, wires, ACH, Bill Payer, Money Movement etc.) to assist in identifying/preventing potential fraudulent events.
- Provide management team training and tools to build an increase awareness of emerging/current fraudulent activity, to support a risk intelligent culture and the effectiveness of risk-based decisions and identification/prevention processes.
- Recommend enhancements to systems and processes to ensure sufficient protection against emerging cross-channel event threats involving deposit and loan accounts, plastic cards and electronic distribution channels (e.g., Internet Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, wires, ACH, etc.) and to initiate changes that address identified areas of concern.
- Maintain strong liaison and working relationships with the management team, federal, state and local law enforcement and regulatory agencies. Participate in Fraud and risk forums and groups to continuously learn and apply best practices in fraud prevention.
- Assist with internal/external audits and examinations to ensure sufficient information is provided and identified weaknesses are remediated timely. Responsible to exhibit the ability to maintain strong departmental risk management practices on an ongoing basis.
- Draft correspondence as necessary to members, judicial entities, internal communications, etc. in a professional and well-written manner.
- Maintain and execute the Department Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery preparedness and training processes.
Company Excellence Behaviors: Demonstrate each of the following Company Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Focus - Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
- Connect - Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand - Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
- Counsel - Recommend solutions based on your client’s or member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance - Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded. Verify necessary follow-up action.
Values and Goals: Exhibit the Values of Company in all activities and support our key goals.
- Integrity, Trust, Respect, Caring, Courage, Dedication, Loyalty
- Quality Service is our Most Important Goal.
- Employees are our Most Important Asset.
EDUCATION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS – Professional
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related subject area.
8+ years’ experience in fraud strategy management, fraud data analytics and fraud operations
8+ years’ experience in people management in the related field
A professional certification in a related field, such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is required Obtain necessary continuing professional education hours to retain professional certification(s) and continuously build individual knowledge. Participate in related professional organizations to build/maintain professional network.
Knowledge: The ability to develop comprehensive knowledge of Company’s business, market and industry and relate that knowledge to existing and emerging identified fraud related risks. Strong understanding of fraud, authentication and technology cross-channel inherent risks (e.g., Internet Banking/mobile external transfers, Call Center, IVR, Remote Deposit Capture, wires, ACH, Bill Payer, etc.). Competent working knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements as applicable Strong understanding of all transactions processing, payment processing systems, authentication tools and best practices of all channels across the organization, strong knowledge of FFEIC guidelines and NCP certification is required. Strong knowledge of check warranties can be substituted for NCP certification however NCP certification must be obtained within one year from start date. Strong knowledge in Regulation E and Visa Rules for dispute processing.
Behavioral/Leadership Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicating Fraud risk-related concepts to a wide array of audiences (e.g., all layers of the organization, members, law enforcement officers, vendors, auditors/examiners, etc.). Exhibit sound professional judgment, problem solving and negotiation skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines. Demonstrate professional composure, objectivity and fairness when dealing with conflicts and sensitive matters. Exhibit a high level of ethical integrity, with the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information appropriately. Exhibit a true commitment to mentoring and developing others, continually promoting a strong sense of teamwork and inspiring team to achieve high quality and productivity levels.