No industry is moving faster than healthcare. And no organization is better positioned to lead healthcare forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President of Organic Market Growth is responsible for achieving sustainable growth by developing comprehensive strategies to build strategic relationships and engage members and potential members. This leader will be accountable for managing the Medicaid Growth Team and developing annual, local growth plans aligned to marketing and segment growth and executing community-based growth plans that intentionally positions UnitedHealthcare Community & State for success. The leader is accountable for ensuring retention efforts effectively maintain membership and seeks innovative best practices throughout the organization and industry to ensure that retention efforts are best in class. To ensure market engagement, the leader is accountable for directing marketing efforts that support member engagement, further clinical and provider efforts, and meet state expectations. The VP Organic Member Growth is accountable for aligning marketing efforts to growth opportunities and works in partnership with other growth leaders to ensure differentiated member and marketing capabilities supporting Medicaid RFPs.
This leader will manage a dynamic, national team of marketing experts, community outreach representatives, sales representatives and retention teammates. The scope of the role requires a leader who can establish a strategic and comprehensive growth vision and execute against that vision leveraging a large, diverse, and geographically dispersed team. The leader must also build and maintain strategic relationships with marketing leaders across the entire Community & State portfolio.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and execute sustainable growth plans for every Community & State market
- Direct national community outreach and sales staff to execute growth plans
- Develop and maintain effective performance monitoring system to ensure execution of growth plans
- Lead retention efforts to ensure maximum member retention
- Identify and deploy market leading retention approaches to ensure member retention
- Develop and maintain best-in-class community engagement model in partnership with national Community & State teams
- Support efforts to address health equity by aligning resources to initiatives including, but not limited to Community Catalyst
- Develop and maintain process to ensure maximized member assignment and partner with market and functional leaders to ensure efforts support auto-assignment algorithms
- Develop, execute, and measure effectiveness of member marketing approach
- Develop, execute, and measure effectiveness of clinical and provider marketing efforts
- Partner with Growth Operations to ensure effective analytics and transparent reporting to senior leadership
- Support differentiated RFP responses through thorough understanding of market dynamics, strategic community partnerships, and best-in-class marketing and member engagement
- Serve as key leader on broader Policy and Strategic Engagement Team by contributing a thorough understanding of state expectations, competitor strengths and weaknesses, and capability development across the enterprise
- Provides vision and inspiration to team members; translates strategy into action, develops action plans; sets expectations; monitors delegated activities; and provides recognition for results
- Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information; solicits feedback and uses reason when dealing with emotional topics
- Measures self against a standard of excellence; undertakes self - development activities and learns new skills; seeks increased responsibilities; and asks for / offers help when needed
- Works well in a fast - paced environment; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals; and develops and executes strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Can multitask in a changing work environment; manages competing demands and unexpected events; is willing to change approach to best fit the situation; deals well with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Energy, motivation, and grit to forge new programs not previously tested and drive results in a challenging, fast-paced large corporate, matrixed environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation and relationship management skills with both technical and business partners
- Solid interpersonal skills, passion around facilitation, empowerment, and servant leadership
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills, results oriented leader who can quickly synthesize information, assess value and connectedness to generate conclusions and best solutions
- Strong systems thinking to manage enterprise wide alignment of organizational systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead people and prioritize deliverables
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of direct management or leadership experience
- 10+ years business development and/or product development within a matrix environment -preferably managed care or related industry - including teams with direct and indirect reporting relationships
- 10+ years of experience in developing, managing and building innovative relationships with external customers and/or community partners
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours to accommodate procurements
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MPH, MPH, MPP, MBA, MPA)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive healthcare, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $165,000 to $322,500. The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long-term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, 935141