No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm).
The Vice President of Client Management is a leader within the Optum Payer Solutions organization accountable for: Leading the program implementation and ongoing management of complex solutions and services for several clients. Involved in the daily management of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions /departments across the solution teams and client teams engaged in large scale deals. Responsible for facilitating the effectiveness and impact of the solution teams. Acts as an advisor and sounding board to help establish business direction and drive business performance in the solution areas. Develops executive presentations/materials, coordinates requests, and supports the client's planning process in the function impacted by our solutions. This role is accountable for delivering agreed upon results for both the client and Optum.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Constantly assesses the value our solutions are delivering and leads team members to develop approaches that increase the value we provide and increase the impact Optum has on the client’s business
- Create value story consistent with the client strategy. Present value of Optum solutions to various levels within the client, including executives, decision makers and key influencers. This may include on-site or virtual meetings
- Ensuring delivery to client per contractual obligations
- Ensure reporting of any performance guarantees
- Negotiate contractual agreements, statements of work, and performance guarantees
- Serve as liaison with contracting/legal/finance
- Oversee cross functional client teams on the delivery of all services; works with the team to leverage internal resources to address performance issues (escalate as needed) to drive resolution
- Ensures the realization of expected client revenue through achieving renewal, revenue attainment and partnering with CE on growth initiatives
- Key executive liaison between our clients and Optum BU leaders (shared with CE)
- Responsible for business process management and entry of timely updates to CRM System (SF.com), including but not limited to client planning, opportunity management, contact management, current solution footprint, etc.
- Differentiate the Business in the Marketplace: Identifies new market opportunities to drive organic growth
- Leverages capabilities and services from across the enterprise to create market-leading client solutions
- Leverages our core assets and creates support within the organization to establish unique, market-differentiating solutions
- Demonstrates Visionary Thinking: Establish business strategies that create or sustain competitive advantage. Thinks broadly and long-term, recognizing the impact of decisions and actions on the entire enterprise and clients over time
- Demonstrates understanding of how to grow strategically into new markets
- Establish Innovative partnerships: Focuses the organization on attracting and building business partnerships
- Acts quickly to seize opportunities for innovation and new ways to benefit clients through the effective use of partners and alliances to drive broader and deeper value propositions
- Drive a Client Focused Culture: Drives the organization to deliver industry-leading client service and satisfaction
- Focuses the organization on retaining the right clients for life. Champions the importance of maximizing the client experience. Acts quickly to seize opportunities for innovation and new ways to benefit clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of experience working with senior-level executives and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for client relationship management and consultation
- Excellent listening, negotiation/influence, collaboration, and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to message, position, and present information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Health plan Risk Adjustment experience
- Excellent program management skills
- Ability to effectively navigate and drive results in a highly complex, matrix environment
- Strong financial acumen and experience
- Experience in program/project management with large complex solutions (e.g. outsourcing and BPO)
- 40% + travel
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President, Client Management, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home