Put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered. As a Utilization Management Nurse at UnitedHealth Group, you will make sure our health services are administered efficiently and effectively. You'll assess and interpret member needs and identify solutions that will help our members live healthier lives. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization. Ready to make an impact?
If you are located in the State of Florida, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Determine the appropriateness of inpatient and outpatient services following evaluation of medical guidelines and benefit determination
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Translate concepts into practice
- Act as a resource for others; provide explanations and information on difficult issues
It feels great to have autonomy, and there's also a lot of responsibility that comes with it. In this role, you'll be accountable for making decisions that directly impact our members. And at the same time, you'll be challenged by leveraging technologies and resources in a rapidly-changing, production-driven environment.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted RN license required in state of residence
- 3+ years of Managed Care and/or Clinical experience
- Pre-authorization experience
- Utilization Management experience
- Case Management experience
- Knowledge of Milliman Criteria
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Join us and discover how a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities make a difference in the lives of patients. We're a place where leaders thrive, and innovation abounds. Seize this opportunity to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy