Position: Unit Manager
Salary: $80K +$5K sign on bonus + Relo package
We are seeking a Unit Manager whose primary responsibility is clinical and managerial leadership of a nursing unit as assigned by the Director of Nursing. Accountable for quality care implemented in compliance with legal mandates and under the guidelines of the policies and procedures for the Health Center.
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make us the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why this company is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
• Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with
current rules, regulations and guidelines.
• Participate in the developing, maintaining, and updating of written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Health Center.
• Assist the Director in planning the nursing services portion of the Resident’s
discharge plan as necessary.
• Periodically review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job
descriptions, etc., Make recommendations for revisions.
• Meet with nursing staff, as well as support staff, in planning the department’s
services, programs, and activities.
• Attend CQI committee meetings, as required.
• Responsible for insuring the RAI process is followed and assessments are
completed with accuracy and timeliness.
• Assist the Infection Control Committee to identify, evaluate and classify
Category I & II tasks.
• Delegate to the Staff Nurse the administrative authority, responsibility, and
accountability necessary to perform their assigned duties.
• Make daily rounds of the Unit to ensure that all nursing staff is performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report findings to the Director.
• Review complaints and grievances made or filed by staff. Make appropriate
reports to the Director as required or as may be necessary.
• Make daily Resident visits to observe and evaluate the Resident’s physical and emotional status.
• Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure medications are being administered as ordered and treatments are provided as scheduled.
• Review medication records for completeness of information, accuracy in the
transcription of physician orders, and adherence to stop order policies.
• Consult with the Resident’s physician in planning Resident care, treatment, and rehabilitation.
• Notify the Resident’s attending physician and next-of-kin when there is a change in the Resident’s condition.
• Start IVs, obtain sputum, urine and other lab tests as ordered.
• Take TPRs, blood pressure, etc.
• Admit, transfer and discharge Residents as necessary.
• Develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new staff member to your unit, its policies and procedures, and to his/her job position and duties.
• Provide leadership training that includes the administrative and supervisory
principles essential for your Staff Nurse.
Minimum Education Required:
Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing with an associate degree,
diploma or B.S. degree. In addition, must hold a current valid RN license to practice in the state of Florida or show proof of application for such. Must participate in continuing education so that there is knowledge of current trends and developments in nursing. Current CPR certification. Must be computer literate.
One (1) year of experience in geriatric nursing is preferred. Progressive experience in nursing with at least one (1) year experience as charge nurse/assistant head nurse or similar first line management position is preferred.
Executive Recruiter: Jenay Mckinney, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], 904.544.6314