SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Traveling BOM is responsible for supporting and providing assistance with business office functions, billing and accounts receivable at the facility level for assigned facilities. The Traveling BOM will also serve as “acting” Business Office Manager when there is a vacancy. The Traveling BOM works extensively with business office staff, Administrators and Regional Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide onsite “hands-on” support and serve as a resource for Business Office Managers with particular emphasis on assigned facilities with significant accounts receivable billing and collection issues or excessive workloads.
- Reconcile, bill, re-bill and assist in the overall “clean-up” of accounts receivable for all payor types including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, HMO, VA and Hospice.
- Assume acting BOM responsibilities during the absence of a Business office Manager and until a full time replacement is hired and trained.
- Assess the business office function and provide observations and recommendations for improving it. This includes but is not limited to the assessment of the quality of staff and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Nursing Home Administrators for buildings assigned, Regional Vice President (RVP) and Regional Field Accountant (RFA); establish priorities and monthly work plans including obtainable goals and objectives. Each monthly work plan should include a summary on achievement of the prior month’s goals and objectives. Contact facilities/Administrators prior to a visit to discuss the objectives of the visit. Ongoing communication with the central billing office, Administrators and RVP’s/RFA’s regarding significant issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.