Alluvion is hiring for a Transportation Yard Supervisor for a direct hire opportunity located in Jacksonville, FL
Now hiring an experienced Yard Supervisor, in the Jacksonville, FL area to manage day to day activities with yard inventory and employees. The Yard Supervisor will also assist in the daily management of the terminal, consistent with the goals and initiatives of the Company.
Must be able to be on call as well as travel to other Yard sites. This is not a standard 8AM-5PM role, hours can be determined by the client at will. (7AM-5PM but subject to change)
- Monitor employee compliance with DOT/OSHA regulations and company quality and safety requirements throughout the shift; take immediate, corrective action when deviations occur
- Observe Drivers for Safety & Proper Loading Procedures
- Ensure loads comply with height and space requirements and are secured properly following customer guidelines and requirements
- Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity
- Prepare inventory for loading; build loads, print loads in a timely manner
- Dispatch drivers
- Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed
- Perform daily and weekly yard audits to verify inventory
- Perform routine driver safety audits
- Ensure damage procedures are followed and notifications are submitted in a timely manner to all necessary parties.
- Shuttle drivers to location of vehicle
- Enforce yard rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and work space
Physical Abilities and Work Environment
- Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting – up to 50 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
- Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
- Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold
- Ability to work effectively at heights
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products
- Must be able to work weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to climb/no fear of heights and work in all types of weather.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Some relevant management experience; management experience in the auto transport industry preferred
- Some dispatch experience preferred
- Working knowledge of computers and software to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent employee and labor relations skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and priorities
- Effective oral and written communication