Training Specialist - Group Health Driver Trainer
The Training Specialist designs, develops, delivers, and evaluates a wide range of manager and employee professional development training - including classroom, online instructor led, self-paced learning, and development materials.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, administers, and evaluates training programs in connection with operations/BU goals.
- Ensures all class objectives are achieved and learning curve performance metrics are achieved according to pre-defined plan.
- Evaluates existing training programs, develops new programs to address individual, departmental, or company needs, and prepares instructional materials.
- Executes training plans and training courses (ILT and WebEx) using professional delivery methods.
- Conducts remediation and corrective action trainings.
- Recommends additional learning materials as appropriate.
- Collects learner feedback on the effectiveness of instructional delivery and management feedback on the learner use of appropriate knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the workplace as well as any potential gaps or training opportunities.
- Schedules and facilitates virtual and classroom-based learning for the network.
- Uses Cornerstone Learning Management System extensively for all classroom, web, and performance management events.
- Partners with Incident Management to coordinate, facilitate, and measure all corrective action training.
- Collaborates with Operations team to review driver on-time performance and identify retraining and process improvement opportunities.
- Maintains accurate records of attendance, training completions, evaluations, and coaching sessions in the tracking system.
- Present instruction in a professional and timely manner consistent with company policies and all federal, State and Local Laws.
- Age: Must be 21+ years of age.
- Education: High School or equivalent diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, Business preferred; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Experience: Four (4) years of professional driving experience. Two (2) years of experience in learning and development and/or training delivery to individuals and groups. Vast experience assessing and developing soft skills in a call center environment. Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS); Cornerstone preferred. Experience using WebEx or other web-conferencing tools.
- Licensing/Certification: Valid CDL Drivers’ License in state of residence. Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD), Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD), ATD Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Corporate Trainer Certified (CTC), Assessment Certification, or similar national level accreditation or certification.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state traffic laws.
- Working knowledge application of adult learning, and leadership development methodologies and best practices at a broad organizational level.
- Strong training program design, development and delivery skills.
- Strong public speaking, presentation, and classroom instruction skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong email scheduling, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software skills.
- Strong process improvement skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong detail orientation skills.
- Skilled in influencing without always having authority.
- Skilled in understanding others' perspectives and challenges.
- Ability to construct, conduct, and analyze basic work team needs assessments across.
- Ability to identify skill or knowledge gaps and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to effectively operate mobile devices with an understanding of GPS technology.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights.
- Ability to travel, some overnight stay may be required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Advanced oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to train, coach, and evaluate knowledge and skills.
- Ability to learn and use technology as needed.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate professional presence.
- Ability to read maps.
- Ability to build trust quickly and develop relationships across all levels of client organization and within One Call.
- Ability to independently establish strong working relationships and collaborate effectively with managers, employees, and training stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to break down big challenges into organized plans.
- Ability to work cross functionally across remote teams.
- Flexible and agile in ambiguous situations; open to changes in role and scope as the business grows.
Group Health Driver Trainer
- Responsible for performance of training activities for transportation provider network.
- Develops and delivers driver training specializing in non-emergency medical transportation in compliance with Client Contract, Medicare/Medicaid, Federal, and State regulations.
- Conducts driver facing training in virtual, classroom, and one-on-one settings.
- Conducts Transportation Provider Orientations for all drivers.
- Coaches and trains drivers, maintains accurate records, and establishes a positive learning environment.
- Ensures all drivers are properly trained on company procedures and policies and are equipped with the tools and resources needed to follow all safety and transportation regulations.
- Manages the driver onboarding, conducts new driver orientations, and partners with the Incident Management department to ensure drivers are meeting all contractual service level agreements.
- Performs safety-related functions including, but not limited to, incident/accident reviews.
- Exhibits safe behaviors and professional interactions as a model for drivers to follow.
- Ensures that all driver training is complete within the established timelines and that all outside training meets company standards.
- Trains drivers on all aspects of trip performance and documentation requirements, pre and post trip inspection procedures, passenger safety & sensitivity, incident/accident reporting and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Determines employees driving abilities and competency; Ensures that drivers are road ready and can perform duties in a safe, professional, and courteous manner.
- Assist with FTA compliant Drug and Alcohol testing program, as needed.