Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Traffic/ITS Engineer. This position will be embedded at the FDOT Jacksonville Urban Office.
Under supervision, performs routine engineering work while developing professional proficiency. On design assignments, works to learn how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving investigations and planning, works to learn the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems. On assignments involving construction activities, works to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering drawings and specifications into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Generally applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- The position involves performing engineering tasks in support of Traffic Operations and Management:
- Including but not limited to analysis of traffic volumes and trends.
- Performance measures associated with corridors and express lanes.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems engineering support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Engineering. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor's Degree in a branch of Engineering directly related to hiring discipline; no experience required with a Master's degree
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills. PC and CAD skills required.
- E.I. or EIT desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.