CGI Federal is currently seeking Test Engineers to support a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency. DLA's Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) is the premier source of DoD procure-to-pay capabilities. The PIEE solution seeks to improve transparency into the procurement process and allow for the timely payment for goods and services.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Test Engineer will provide support that facilitates the ability of the delivery team to excel in integrating, operating, and deploying new and maintained solutions. Candidates will need strong analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written skills, and attention to detail.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an active Secret clearance is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related academic focus area or a minimum of 8 years or more of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
• Must have a Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE) certification,
• Must have Agile certifications/documentation
• Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective testing strategies, test conditions and test scripts for projects
• Experience ensuring appropriate testing coverage and requirements traceability through the creation, implementation and enhancement of comprehensive test plans, test cases/user stories, test steps and test automation
• Experience defining clear expectations for all testing tasks, including inputs and outputs
• Experience implementing test tools to support automation and performance testing
• Experience developing and executing test plans, test cases, scripts, and creating test data for Agile Software Development team; including functional, integration, regression, data integrity and stress testing as well as assisting with user acceptance
• Experience identifying gaps and deficiencies in business requirements, technical specifications, designs and testing documentation for completeness and testability
• Experience tracking defects and reporting key metrics for proactively identifying areas for improvement
• Experience coordinating the setup of test environments for all planned test execution activities
• Experience managing the change processes such as build promotions to Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) and Production environments
• Proven ability to decompose requirements into detailed test cases for functional and regression test execution
• Experience with software testing types and methods to support Agile Software Development
• Technical proficiency with SQL including the ability to create queries to validate data integrity and other data constraints
• Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
• Experience facilitating effective interaction and coordination between government Project Leads
• Experience identifying resource constraints and other potential schedule issues and risks
• Experience implementing testing and configuration management methodologies to support continuous integration
• Experience managing integrated teams to support sprint planning
- Test Planning & Implementation
- Test Case / Script Development
- Test Management
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.