- Continually trains, coaches, and recognizes team members to improve food quality and meet budget expectations while motivating team members
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for production area
- Maintain USPH/FDA standards for outlet
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques is required.
- Strong knowledge of Teppanyaki-style cooking philosophies and principles including but not limited to Chinese, Thai, and Japanese is required.
- Ability to prepare all teppanyaki mise en place including starches, vegetables, trimming and cutting of proteins is required.
- Ability to captivate guests by cooking on stage is required.
- Ability to verbally explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while cooking is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in teppanyaki cooking is required.
- Minimum of two years of culinary experience with Asian influences is required. Formal culinary training may substitute for this requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or GED or foreign equivalent is required.
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
As the innovator in global cruise travel, Norwegian Cruise Line has been breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising for over 52 years. Most notably, the cruise line revolutionized the industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal vacation on their preferred schedule with no assigned dining and entertainment times and no formal dress codes. Today, its fleet of 17 contemporary ships sail to nearly 300 of some of the worlds most desirable destinations, including Great Stirrup Cay, the companys private island in the Bahamas and its resort destination Harvest Caye in Belize. Norwegian Cruise Line not only provides superior guest service from land to sea, but also offers a wide variety of award-winning entertainment and dining options as well as a range of accommodations across the fleet, including solo-traveler staterooms, mini-suites, spa-suites and The Haven by Norwegian, the companys ship-within-a-ship concept.
Oceania Cruises is the worlds leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The lines six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days. Oceania Cruises has recently announced an order for two new ships, scheduled for delivery in 2022 and 2025. The two 67,000 gross ton Allura-Class ships will each accommodate approximately 1,200 guests.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises modern five-ship fleet Seven Seas Explorer, Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Navigator, Seven Seas Splendor and Seven Seas Voyager sails to more than 450 iconic and immersive destinations around the world and reflects $150 million in stunning refurbishments over the past three years. Regent will add a sixth new ship to its fleet in 2023. As the leading luxury ocean cruise line, every luxury is included in Regent voyages, such as all-suite accommodations, round-trip business-class air on intercontinental flights from U.S. and Canada, the largest collection of free unlimited shore excursions, entertainment, unlimited internet access, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, gratuities, ground transfers and one-night, pre-cruise hotel packages for guests staying in Concierge-level suites and higher.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.