Title: Technology Business Consultant - Modern Business Platform
Duration: 6 contract to hire
Technology Business Analyst/Consultant (Core Banking Platform)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? You'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and fun.
About the team
Platform is a real-time, multi-currency deposit and loan core banking system. Developed as a single integrated solution, it provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business and product needs of retail and commercial financial organizations.
What you will be doing
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works individually or within a team on implementation projects to meet specific client scope
- Defines product scope and associated requirements
- Develops subject matter expertise in areas of the solution
- Serves as liaison between client and company's teams during implementation projects
- Expertly researches and documents requirements related to system design or enhancement need
- Translates business requirements into configuration or alternatively, identifying gaps
- Architects system parameterization to meet functional needs
- Builds an expertise coupled with a solid knowledge of banking & accounting to assist & guide client in streamlining processes and procedures
- Documents and performs system configuration with focus on triggering loan & deposit account events (i.e. interest accrual, interest posting, account maturity, loan billing, transaction processing) and in some cases manages system and back office processing (i.e. End of day processing, system balancing, exception reconciliation)
- Creates detailed specifications from which solutions will be implemented
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, technology trends, best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Creates and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and desired results
- Assesses available functionality and recommends solutions to team
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained
- Conducts a variety of tests during project lifecycle such as verification, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain needs will be met
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, solutions and approaches to parameterization
- Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site
- Mentors, guides, advises less experienced team members
- Plays a key role in educating client on enhancements, new solutions or procedures.
- Serves as pre-sales support specialist when needed
- Assisting Project Manager with risks, issues, and scope as well as helping to manage & set client expectations
- Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of satisfaction for both internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant product and/or industry knowledge and expertise
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on solutioning
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
Bonus if you have:
- Branch banking knowledge
- Financial services' software implementation proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of products and services and financial services industry
- SQL and data analysis competency
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com