CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Team Lead- Customer Service Job Description
The Team Lead position is available to work in our Call Center to support our Equipment Finance Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Customer Service Team and the daily operational activities. Through passion, effective leadership and strong communication skills, the Team Lead will coach, develop and train a team of direct reports to deliver outstanding performance results and to provide stellar customer experience.
* Queue Management of Inbound Calls and Service Levels.
* Updates of daily performance reports, departmental procedures and effective delegation of tasks.
* Through proactive issue resolution and appropriate escalation path processes, ensures achievement of quality and turnaround time service level agreements.
* Performs monthly Call Quality monitors and reviews. Participates in the Quality Assurance - Calibration Sessions.
* Recognizes operational improvements opportunities and effectively communicate suggestions with identified Business Values.
* Sets goals, plans for development, provides on-going support, feedback and coaching, as well as conduct mid-cycle and year-end performance discussions and reviews with direct reports. Timely takes action to address concerns and to remove performance road blocks.
* Manages staffing scheduling for proper Operational coverage.
* Interacts regularly with the Leadership Team regarding team performance, processes and procedures, strategy, metrics and results.
* Follows proper Complaint Process when assisting customers with escalated concerns to resolve account or service issues. Determining the root cause; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure timely resolution and to provide the best customer experience.
* Review all departmental Policy and Procedures to confirm control and effectiveness. Timely communicate any necessary updates to Management to ensure that we are protecting CIT, Business Partners and customers.
* Establishes strong working relationships with Vendors, Sales, Originations, Operations and Finance departments to find best solutions and anticipate customer needs.
* Supports Special projects assignments including performing UAT, conducting training and/or supporting any other Business activity as determined by management.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
* Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
* Excellent negotiation and analytical skills, including the ability to collect on delinquent accounts and to identify process improvement opportunities.
* Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrates passion for people management and development.
* Leads by example, demonstrates strong leadership skills and ability to interact successfully with all levels, including Senior Management and comfortable with public speaking.
* Has a deep understanding of call center KPIs and Call Queue Management.
* Intellectually curious about our business, our clients and focused on finding the best solutions.
* Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to support the business needs.
* Careful attention to details and excellent time management and prioritization skills.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
* 2-5 Years of Supervisory/Leadership experience preferred.
* Previous experience in Financial Institution or Leasing Company preferred.
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CIT's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: