Position Overview: This position with direction and support from direct supervisor and Technology Services Team the Network Administrator designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates computer networking and telecommunication systems; installs, configures, and maintains both physical and virtual computer servers; maintains employee network and e-mail; performs other related duties as assigned
Role and Responsibilities
- The administrator will be laying the foundation for our sustainable growth.
- Assisting in developing and implementing the strategy for technology and infrastructure that will support company's Mission and Guiding Principles. This will be done in conjunction with the support Technology Services team.
- Developing unified communications, improving infrastructure, and providing uniform architecture. As well as providing support to approximately 400 end users in 19 Locations.
- Implement a Cisco Enterprise Unified Communication system including an organization wide voice, video conferencing, chat, and Cisco Webex Social system. As well as integrate technology to facilitate how shares institutional knowledge.
- Improve infrastructure: The Network Administrator will upgrade and maintain Server environment, Wireless, and secure switching environment.
- Work with the Technical Services Team to align technology in our Centers and classrooms. Company goal is to provide a common framework that can be used in any location to make sound technology decisions, while empowering end-users.
- Implement Information and communication technologies that support organizational functioning, institutional memory and knowledge management.
- Implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines and accountability.
- Evaluate and implement IT and communications procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
- Evaluates and maintains network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; establishing connections and firewalls, escalating problems to the vendors if applicable escalating problems to vendor.
- Manage security access, email and internet policy, user groups and any governance or control issues that might apply.
- Make strategic recommendations regarding network system design and implementation.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University. Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced Cisco and Microsoft Certifications
- 5-7 years of experience in system administration.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience working with geographically distributed sites.
- Experience working with schools or in other educational environments and knowledge of educational systems a plus.