Selene Finance is a multi-line of business financial services firm with a mortgage servicing company, a loan diligence company, a title company, an insurance brokerage and a real estate owned company. There are locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Horsham, PA and Dallas, TX. Founded in 2007 to address needs in the mortgage industry, we strive to provide amazing client and borrower experiences. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
Position Summary: The Supervisor of Loss Mitigation Underwriting provides facilitation and guidance to their team who are tasked with evaluating borrower requests for loan modifications in accordance with federal and statutory regulations as well as investor and insurer guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with the handling of escalated, litigated and other high priority loan modification requests.
- Assists manager in providing support and training for team.
- Assists in reviewing the pipeline reports to ensure loans are being completed in accordance with investor and insurer guidelines.
- Assists in the creation and updating of policies and procedures related to loan modifications.
- Assists in communicating strategies to team members and other stakeholders.
- Participates in presentations for investors, rating agencies, and other servicing platform visitors.
- Provides recommendations for procedural changes and improvements as they pertain to the team.
- Coordinates with Selene SPOC for documentation needed to complete trial and permanent modifications.
- Performs accurate and complete input into all Selene systems.
- Determines occupancy status of the property, reason for default and hardship.
- Calculates income, expenses and debt to income ratios.
- Evaluates loan modification eligibility in accordance with investor and insurer waterfall.
- Generates customer approval and adverse action notices for trial and permanent modifications.
- Completes escrow analysis pro forma needed for loan modification.
- Performs modification eligibility analysis in accordance with federal and statutory regulations as well as investor and insurer guidelines.
- Maintains Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage (SAFE) licensing in states which require licenses to complete loan modifications.
- Stays abreast of industry program requirements, including HAMP, GSE and Insurer requirements.