PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for supervising the employees of the In Factory Test Department to ensure manufactured equipment is in compliance with all functional test requirements, and customer expected shipping schedules are maintained. Perform testing as required and assist Engineering and Commercial Services Departments regarding schedule and documentation related issues.
- Experienced in the manufacture and testing of Low and Medium Voltage switchboards and switchgear up to 38kV
- Experienced in the manufacture and testing of Industrial Control Panels
- Schedule all testing personnel to meet required ship dates.
- Assist Scheduling and Commercial Services Departments in preparing overall production planning and shipping schedules.
- Provide training and support to staff as needed.
- Develop custom test reports as required. Assist field service group with detailed site acceptance documents when needed.
- Maintain standard test records and documentation for all equipment manufactured in factories
- Confirm all test reports, time, redlines and vendor supplied reports are properly filed prior to equipment shipping.
- Investigate and work with Engineering to resolve technical issues.
- Perform inspections and wiring checks.
- Work with the Automation group on programming of multi-function meters, protective relays and multi-function controllers.
- Work with Automation group on Testing of PLC and HMI programs.
- Perform dielectric strength testing per all regulatory standards.
- Initial powering of A/C, D/C and control circuits.
- Verify proper operation of equipment per IEM drawings and sequence of operation.
- Handle coordination with production and scheduling groups to maintain shipping schedules.
- Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor.
SUPERVISION OF PERSONNEL:
- Test Engineers and Technicians (up to a group of 6)
- Technical Capability
- Problem Solve/Analysis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college degree in Electrical Engineering. One year of relevant work experience may be substituted for one year of required education.
- At least 10 years of experience in power generation, project management, switchgear testing, programming and start-up.