Duval County Public Schools
Are you ready to make an impact on education? Do you want to work for a company considered one of America's Best Large Employers for three consecutive years by Forbes Magazine?
A substitute teaching position with ESS may be the opportunity you're looking for!
When a teacher is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute teacher, you'll become an integral part of a school's educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students!
An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
Must be proficient in English (speaking, reading, writing).
Minimum 60 college credits
- We offer benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You'll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you're not in a long-term role - you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 700 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.