A design build firm in Jacksonville is seeking a Structural Engineer, PE to their team!
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for providing the design and technical specifications for a variety of projects including Commercial, Health care, Industrial, Municipal, and Transportation structures. They will be responsible for assisting the Structural Division Manager in the aforementioned projects and establishing and maintaining client relationships. They will also be responsible for mentoring EI's by teaching engineering calculations and theory in a variety of materials including steel, concrete, masonry, PEMB's, timber, and aluminum.
- Manage individual projects from start to finish including proposals, scheduling, design, and construction administration.
- Design and modify construction documents and specifications which include gravity and wind load calculations
- Prepare design and inspection reports for projects, contract documents, specifications, plans, estimates etc.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies;
- Assists with budgets, schedules, sub-consultant coordination, monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving conflicts
- Coordinates technical review processing and code reviews
- Maintains company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Delivers projects on-time and within budget to clients, makes sure billing is submitted, and coordinates with accounting.
- Performs site visits and inspections, meets with clients and coordinates other disciplines, as required.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) is desirable but not required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year university in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in State of Florida.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Knowledge of CADD is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
May be required to lift heavy objects, excessive walking, driving, bending and reaching, pointing or directing objects or materials. The general physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.