WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings – architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management – to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics – “success” to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients’ expectations to “Make a Difference.”
Michael Baker International if seeking a Structural Engineer II with a minimum of 5 years related experience to join the Architecture team in our Florida Operations.
- Perform structural engineering calculations and designs for buildings and other vertical structures to include retaining walls, seismic retrofit design, and building renovations
- Select and perform calculations for building gravity and lateral structural systems in accordance with local building codes in both the U.S. and international locations
- Direct the preparation of construction drawings
- Lead or assist other engineers on projects and seal drawings under their creation or supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering from an accredited University or College
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience designing structures
- P.E. or S.E. certification required
- Proficiency with Revit, STAAD Pro, RAM Structural System, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Possess strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with federal facilities is a plus
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.