01195 Macclenny, FL
LE_301 Hibbett Retail, Inc.
Job Title: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: District Sales Manager
The Store Manager oversees and is responsible for the store's sales efforts in each department in the store and supervises the store's overall operation to ensure efficiency and profitability. Enforces, conveys, and upholds Hibbett I City Gear's policies, goals, and standard to the store's sales team. The Store Manager consistently communicates with the District Sales Manager and the Store Support Center. Represents Hibbett I City Gear in appearance, attitude, and professionalism portrayed to employees, customers, and the community. The Store Manager is knowledgeable in each product area or department in our store. The Store Manager is passionate about giving outstanding customer service and promoting the merchandise in stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and control the assets of Hibbett I City Gear by managing their designated store.
- Directs and oversees entire sales efforts in the store.
- Constantly and consistently acquainted with all aspects of the store including sales statistics, inventory and expenses that together produce profit.
- Consults and collaborates with District Sales Manager as needed in establishing and enforcing policies, goals, and procedures.
- Directs staff to ensure all responsibilities and standards in each department are completed.
- Mentor and cultivate a team of outstanding Sales Associates, Assistant Managers, and Managers in Training.
- Carry out personnel recruiting, hiring, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Maintain proper security for the store.
- Communicates with District Sales Manager and keep them informed as to inventory movement.
- Provides information and consistently and vigorously follows through on all marketing and advertising plans and stays aware of customer trends.
- Keeps abreast of competition and new ideas and keeps informed on community related events, to take advantage of potential opportunities.
- Produce and give extraordinary customer service highlighted in the customer service manual, including helping customers as they enter the store, and helping multiple customers during peak periods.
- Protect the company's assets and financial information by ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of internal control procedures and informing management and/or appropriate officials of potential fraud risk.
Manages subordinate supervisors and non-management employees, including Sales Associates, Hub Drivers, Assistant Managers, and Managers in Training. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a retail environment, preferably in footwear and athletic apparel.
- Experience in managing and cultivating a sales team.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated business acumen.
- Ability to problem solve and juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.