As a Staff Engineer for the Walt Disney World Quality Engineering team, you will support the preparation, commissioning, and delivery of the processes, procedures, and documentation of new and refurbished attractions, shows, and transportation systems to ensure sustainable safe experiences and environments for our Guest and Cast. You'll provide required expert technical guidance to lead process changes, focusing on reducing risk and driving consistency across our attractions, transportation systems, and entertainment venues. You'll also assure adherence to applicable industry standards, codes, regulations, and internal Disney standards. You will report to the Manager, Quality Engineer.
- Oversee the design and development including maintenance, operations, and other procedures, verifying the procedures adequately mitigate the hazards and risks that have been identified, assigned, and documented.
- Determine and/or review the content, frequency, and priority of inspections and critical equipment checks of parts, assemblies, and systems based on the engineering design, calculations, loads, stresses, wear and redundancies, potential risks, and likelihoods following applicable industry standards and regulations.
- Establish and follow a framework for identifying the completion of all necessary documentation, including drawings, manuals, procedures, training, and certifications to permit and ensure the safe use of the system by cast members and guests.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with Project Team, Operations, Engineering Services, Safety, and regulators.
- Perform required inspections, audits, and related efforts for assigned attractions, transportation systems, and entertainment venues.
- Manage the execution of investigations, including the evaluation and close-out.
- Mentor fellow engineers and partners to drive best practices within the team.
- Develop potential process enhancements implemented through a host of means from changes to existing guidelines and standards to the development of new standards, processes, and programs.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 8 or more years of experience in Engineering, showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with design, installation, and commissioning of complex systems that meet regulatory and industrial standards.
- Experience with investigations, root cause analysis, and hazard assessments.
- Proven knowledge of EDMS, AutoCAD, MS Office, Maximo, etc.
- Ability to manage, balance, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills; able to present complex data relationships in concise and straightforward presentations.
- Ability to work after hours and off-shift hours as required.
- Engineer in Training (EIT).
- Previous experience with the amusement park industry
- Familiarity with industry regulatory, compliance standards, and processes.
- Florida Professional Engineer's License.
Required Education :
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
Preferred Education :
Master's degree in Engineering, or Engineering Management.
Additional Information :
This role is located in Orlando, FL.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
#DPEP_Media, #LI-DM2, #DPEPFLA, #disneysafety, and safety22