Individual continues to acquire knowledge and skills in a specific functional area by performing engineering assignments using standard analysis, procedures and techniques. Responsibilities may include performing moderate investigation and analysis, design tasks, preparing project documents and plans, editing specifications, conducting research and investigations and solving straight forward problems. Continues to receive moderate instruction to complete specific objectives and direction when encountering unconventional or complex problems and developing potential solutions. Completed work receives oversight to insure the application of sound professional judgment. Is expected to coordinate work with all internal and external stakeholders as required. Assists the manager with schedules, budgets and communications regarding specific assignments and projects.
- Assess and make recommended system design improvements, expansions or replacements under the direction and review of a manager or designee.
- Serve as a project manager of small to moderately complex utility projects through all phases including: initial scoping, funding approvals, site selections, design, specifying and procuring equipment, coordinating construction, cost and budget management, final system checks, startup and final sign-off.
- Prepare requests for proposal (RFP’s), reviewing responses and making bid award recommendation based on JEA procurement guidelines and policy.
- Oversee complex field inspections including testing. Responsible to document and report non- conformance with design plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders as required regarding engineering requirements and utility projects.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned utility system performance, includes coordinating with operators, investigating system failures, recommending corrective actions and improvement opportunities and providing training when necessary.
- Preparation of technical, financial or process analysis related reports.
- Preparation of written and verbal project status reports to include scheduling and financial performance details.
- Use complex computer simulation software and interpret results.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.