Our client is an innovative Global Insurance Carrier that delivers reliable risk management solutions and respects the diversity of both individuals and ideas. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team.
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Overview: This is not a "traditional" Accounting position. This role will involve management of contracts with a focus on working with customers to complete documents, statements and management of flow of funds. This individual must be detail oriented and comfortable speaking to customers.
- Prepares documents and statements as well as manages flow of funds.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Runs periodic financial reports from the General Ledger system.
- Assists with budget and will be present during inventory accounts.
- Tracking of audit requests and supports preparation/gathering of requests.
- Researching variances as well as monthly and quarterly analytics.
- Account reconciliations including resolution of reconciling items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience (i.e. post-grad experience).
- At least 1-2 years experience in accounting, audit and/or tax work. Reinsurance experience preferred but not required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Advanced MS Excel ability.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Oracle experience a plus.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for More Info.