SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Staff Accountant may perform any combination of the following: calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, calculate and enter monthly journal entries into the accounting system.
- Responsible for accounting for multiple entities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Coordinate month-end process with various operations managers, AP and Revenue teams.
- Analyze monthly financial performance against budget and prepare variance explanations.
- Prepare ad hoc management reports as needed for research and explanation purposes.
- Research, identify and correct unusual or incorrect accounting entries.
- Prepare schedules and sample selections for audit requests.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting.
- Must have a strong foundation of accounting knowledge and be able to consistently apply GAAP.
- Must possess flexibility with work assignments and be able to multi-task.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and organized.
- Must have advanced computer and Excel skills
- General knowledge of accounting and ERP systems.
- Must maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive information
- General knowledge of SAP
- Verbal comprehension
Understand oral and written communications, both general and technical.
- Communication skills
Provide clear instructions/directions.
- Reasoning skills
Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Time Management
Values time and manages time effectively. Effectively prioritizes and can manage a broad range of activities.
- Technical Learning
Is capable of learning new skills and effectively applying them in their work routine.
ANTICIPATED PERCENT OF TRAVEL: