Spherion Jacksonville is looking for a Staff Accountant for our non-profit client.
- Report to CFO as part of a 3 person team
- Responsible for grants administration
- Maintain fixed assets software and ensure proper recording of new purchases, disposals, and depreciation.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Generate and/or review and record journal entries into the General Ledger.
- Coordinate audit activity and assist with audit planning, procedures, and preparation.
- Assist with budget planning and implementation.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer as assigned and serve as back-up.
- Act as back-up for bi-weekly payroll processing.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively with external and internal customers at all levels.
- Successful experience in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize detailed projects simultaneously and carry them through to completion with little supervision.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to succeed working independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with budgeting and accounting software and database management required.
- Blackbaud Financial Edge and related product experience preferred.
- Successful candidate must have demonstrated advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to handle cash, checks and assets received in a secure manner.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to meet important deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or finance required. CPA, MBA or CMA certification a plus.
- Five years accounting experience, preferably in the non-profit industry or in public accounting.
Please call us today!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. No one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.