Are you looking for a more rewarding career? We are headquarted in St. Augustine, FL and are looking for a motivated and eager accountant to join our growing team! This role will perform the day-to-day accounting responsibilities across multiple Company businesses. The ideal candidate should be an organized and self-directed team member with excellent communication skills. As our business is continually evolving, the Staff Accountant should be comfortable with change management and be able to adapt to changes in responsibilities.
location: Saint Augustine, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
The Staff Accountant should expect their responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- On a daily basis, oversee operational transactions across multiple businesses to ensure all transactions are entered into accounting systems in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. Ensure data integrity and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- In coordination with the Finance team, build and strengthen relationships with other departments, including Corporate Accounting, Sales, Operations, Customer Service, Marketing and IT.
- Prepare and distribute daily and weekly management reports.
- Create, review and post journal entries.
- Oversee posting of intercompany journal entries; reconcile and confirm intercompany transactions with other businesses.
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts as part of the month end closing process.
- Perform thorough account and variance analyses; communicate issues and resolutions in a timely, professional manner.
- Coordinate with Payroll to calculate and pay sales commissions.
- Analyze, track, and report fixed asset spending.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of monthly sales and use tax filings with various entities.
- Organize and compile requested information for independent auditors.
- Develop process documentation for all areas of responsibility and update regularly.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks and duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting; MaCC preferred
- 1 to 3 or years' relevant work experience. Manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including GAAP.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) with ability to use pivot tables and VLOOKUP Excel functionality.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please click to apply now. If you still have questions or would like to send your resume directly to the hiring manager, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. We are interviewing today! Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join a world class team!
skills: $250-500 million
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.