Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Mentor, OH 44060
Duration: 6+ Months
The Staff Accountant is responsible for various activities in the Corporate Accounting team. The role will perform accounting activities including journal entries and account reconciliations; participation in the monthly closing process for assigned tasks; and special projects as requested.
1. Performs accounting activities including journal entries, account reconciliations and daily maintenance and analysis of assigned accounts.
2. Conducts account analysis and review for balance sheets and profit and loss.
3. Participates in the monthly closing process for assigned tasks.
4. Monthly responsibility for assigned general accounting accounts, including analyzing activity.
5. Monthly responsibility for assigned intercompany subsidiaries, including analyzing and balancing intercompany activity.
6. Communicates and interacts with other business departments and foreign entities to assist in the identification and implementation of accounting issues.
7. Special projects as required and other duties as assigned.
8. Researches and documents accounting issues. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of current GAAP requirements and incorporates these requirements into accounting activities.
9. Prepares cash reconciliations and maintains a cash management system in Oracle
10. Works closely with A/P and A/R to manage cash accounts and clearing payments
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. (Required)
2. 0-3 years of corporate accounting experience in addition to degree requirement.
3. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of current GAAP requirements and incorporates these requirements into accounting activities and related decisions.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in Excel (macros, pivot tables). Word and PowerPoint.
1. Ability to effectively analyze accounting information and financial results for accuracy and completeness.
2. Process oriented with strong attention to detail and organized.
3. Strong business and financial acumen.
4. Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
5. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.