Ref ID: 01120-9502922592
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $20.00 to $29.00 hourly
Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant for a temporary to full-time opportunity with a fast-growing mid-sized company. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will report to the Accounting Manager, and you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
If you have what it takes to be successful in a role like this apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button. This position won't last long. Interested candidates are asked to apply or contact an Accountemps recruiter at (904) 632-0941.