Shift: Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm with OT as needed. Ability to be flexible with work schedule driven by business/ project need(s) & new-hire training needs etc...
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success:
- Demonstrates working knowledge or proficiency in one or more assigned areas within the Distribution Center working as a Warehouse Associate
- May also require material handling equipment certification
- Accurately performs multiple warehouse operations tasks assigned to the individual
- Demonstrates basic material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills
- Performs one or more warehouse operations functions within the operating guidelines of the facility
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Perform warehouse responsibilities for facility
- Execute training programs and curricula specific to department functions.
- New Hire Training
- Transfer employee Training
- Cross functional department training
- Maintain and update the training matrix
- Prior MHE experience preferred
- Prior working in different areas of warehouse or DC preferred
- Work with Site Champion to roll out training received from the National Training Manager
- Act as a liaison fielding questions and issues from associates as related to the business or training
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
- Strong interpersonal skills patient, calm, inclusive, mentor teacher
- Strong communication skills verbal, written
- Ability to work flexible hours
- High School Diploma or GED required some college preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office – word, excel, etc.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proven track record of safe performance with a commitment for ensuring a safe work environment at all times
- Leadership or trainer experience preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.