Optum is looking for an energetic, creative and technically savvy Senior User Experience Designer to work within our User Experience Design Studio team! The Senior UX designer will work within a collaborative, cross-functional project team to design portals, applications and web properties. The Senior UX Designer will positively impact the overall flow and design while following a user-centered design process and while considering all technological platforms. The Senior UX designer will partner with user interface designers, other UX designers, web developers and UX managers to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the creative team and developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including UX Leads, Product Managers and Development Managers to identify, prioritize and implement design solutions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Exercise your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to deliver compelling customer experiences.
- Gather insights, prototyping concepts and validating solutions with users in order to inform design decisions.
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and effectivity of solutions.
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process by using wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Leveraging and contributing to existing design pattern libraries and interface guidelines.
- Work on one or more design projects from start to finish while meeting creative, technical and business requirements.
- Iterate rapidly, with high quality, and with user centered focus.
- Create prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions.
- Participate when and where necessary in the research process.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Design, or related field or 4+ years equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of interaction design and user-centered design experience with emphasis on visual design including working with design patterns and systems.
- In-depth knowledge of design tools, such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, Axure, Photoshop/Illustrator
- Willingness to embrace and rapidly build skills in new design tools.
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles.
- Experience in creating wireframes, visual mockups graphics, user workflows, and low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas.
- Experience in practical application of accessibility factors, per ADA Section 508 requirements and W3C WAI guidelines.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive design critique.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience designing for mobile and/or responsive web.
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Portfolio of past UX/IA projects including task flows, site maps, wireframes, etc.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master’s degree or higher with a focus in information architecture, human computer interaction, interaction design, product design, cognitive psychology, or related discipline.
- Visual design skills a big plus.
- Experience in group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test design and moderation and card sorting.
- Experience in video, motion graphics and photography.
- Experience with enterprise software and the medical or healthcare domain.
- Professional experience working in a highly interactive development team.
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g. meet-ups, clubs, conferences).
- Proven ability managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of user interaction analytics and measurements.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Austin, TX, Texas, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Telecommute, Telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, work at home, remote, Senior UX Engineer, Sr UX Engineer