Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sr. Systems Management Analyst oversees several key functions within USMD IT and ultimately enables the delivery of high-quality services to end users. They also work to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in alignment to meet business needs. This role is the day-to-day IT business partner and executive escalation contact. This role manages the delivery and delivery expectations within the daily operations for USMD. They are accountable for break/fix escalations, incident / problem management process, change management process and audit/remediation plans for adherence gaps to the processes, organization of technical resolutions, and the measuring and reporting out on the health of the IT systems.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Business Engagement
- Manage the relationship relative to Production between the business and IT
- Collaborate with business partners to gain understanding of their business drivers and needs and understand how the systems support those drivers.
- In partnership with the business, understand their business requirements and develop key performance indicators to support those requirements
- Establish and manage service level agreements for all production applications
- Collaborate with business partners to gain understanding of business strategies that will impact production environment (i.e., growth)
- Develop reporting and metrics to support business
- Planning and Control
- Manage the USMD production environment and control anything that will impact production.
- Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to identify opportunities for improving the production environment, operational jobs or protocols.
- Review and make recommendations to Operational leadership to ensure the team is properly balanced to support operational maintenance
- Develop reporting and metrics to show control over the production environment (i.e., performance dashboard)
- Lead USMD Change Control process, to control any changes moving into the production environment
- Manage the cost of our production environment and implement improvements to keep costs under control.
- Project Execution
- Supports creation of and deployment of Postproduction Support Procedures to ensure a successful transition to production
- Provides recommendations within the Design Review process for a stable production environment
- Lead a Release Turnover process for projects to ensure applicable knowledge is transitioned to operations
- Incident / Problem Resolution
- Facilitate and drive P1 and P2 War Rooms
- Drive out War Room protocols
- Owner and Gatekeeper for ServiceNow usage across the team
- Develop reporting and metrics to manage incident/problem processes and reports up to senior leadership
- Gatekeeper for communications from USMD IT to our business partners. Ensuring those communications are written in a business-friendly manner to bridge the gap between technical speak and business knowledge.
- Retrospective Review
- Lead and participate in Internal and External Audits
- Drive out USMD Continuous Improvement projects to remove inefficiencies out of the system
- Lead application and infrastructure Deep Dives to drill into areas of improvement for the organization
- Daily Operational Processes (Batch and Non-Batch Processes)
- Lead the teams to operationally manage our production environment
- Create and manage a schedule for all normally scheduled jobs
- Create and manage a schedule for normally scheduled downtime
- Drive out reporting and metrics to show how we are managing our production environment
- Communicate when jobs aren’t running as planned, and impacting our user community
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in information technology operations or IT related front office functions
- Capable of translating the needs of the business to IT and being an effective liaison/partner for both
- Able to lead technical teams through solutioning sessions to resolve open problems, or to mitigate inefficiencies in the systems
- Working knowledge of: Incident Management, Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management
- ITIL certification
- Experience using ServiceNow: Incident, Major Incident, Problem, Change Management, ServiceNow Configuration Management
- Healthcare/Clinical experience
- ITIL and operational metrics reporting and driving decisions and improvement initiatives based on that data
- Executive presence and adeptness with how to effectively address an executive audience
- Demonstrated leadership to manage technical war rooms resulting in resolution of customer impact
- Working knowledge of various information regulatory standards to include SOX, ISO 27000, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, and HITRUST
- Able to produce excellent written communication explaining highly technical issues in a manner easily understood by business managers and end users
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross‐functional, matrix management environment
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization including leadership levels
- Ability and desire to thrive in a very fast‐paced, team‐oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage the expectations of your stakeholders and peers
- Solid analytical, communication, management, and relationship skills
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: The employee needs to be able to work throughout a 24-hour period as required to support war rooms and executive escalations. Job consists of recurring work situations with variations based on potential escalations and break/fix activities. Job involves a moderate degree of complexity and requires both business and broad IT acumen. Incumbent is an individual contributor that is responsible for driving resources that are not in their direct reporting structure. Duties are performed independently with minimal supervision. Decisions are made within common departmental guidelines.
Special Requirements: Excellent verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies. Numerical ability required. Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials; ability to comply with attendance requirements; ability to comply with Human Resource policies. MS Office experience essential for reporting and producing process diagrams.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ITIL, Healthcare, Incident Management, Change Management, Dallas, Fort Worth, Irving, Houston, TX, Texas, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote