The Systems Engineer supports a large-scale Distributed Infrastructure, providing technical leadership in problem solving, maintenance, and project build situations, formulating solutions for improvement, and working with peers to establish a strategic direction for the environment. This position will install, maintain, and configure systems infrastructure on both on prem and Cloud platforms.
NOTE: Open to remote work in the Eastern and Central time zones of the US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform Advanced Systems Administration tasks.
• Research, evaluate, recommend and implement information technology that aligns with business needs and meets objectives.
• Serve as a technical resource for support services, business partners, and customers.
• Lead the coordination of activities between multiple disciplines within IT and vendors on both technical and non-technical issues pertaining to computer system hardware and software, network infrastructure, peripheral evalution and integration.
• Provide third-tier support for Company production systems.
• Upgrade Applications and Tools, install patches, troubleshoot and resolve application problems, performance tuning and capacity planning.
• Participate in the creation of entire Systems (Clients, Server Hardware, network, and databases).
• Build and maintain strategic partnerships with peer teams. Build relationships with enterprise architecture team, and design to best meet the standards of our multi-tenant architecture.
• Lead and coordinate activities for incident management, service development, service transition, and continual service improvement of store systems infrastructure services.
• Recommend, improve and document systems engineering processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with other Senior Systems Engineers.
• Participate in an on-call 24x7 rotation, or weekend work along with other Senior Systems Engineers
• Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure engineering within Computing and Storage
• Practical knowledge developing scripts or applications to automate systems implementation, configuration, or management.
• Experienced working within standard project management methodologies.
• Proven experience at handling multiple assignments and using strong prioritization skills.
• Experience with Linux version 5 and newer.
• Experience with AIX version 6 and newer.
• Experience with VMware virtualization software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in Systems Engineering
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• AWS and or Azure experience is a plus.