Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Software Engineer to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JV brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
You will perform a variety of engineering functions requiring a wide diversity of technical knowledge involving automation / controls improvement and supporting the introduction of new equipment and new products into manufacturing production. You will ensure that manufacturing equipment meets company specifications, schedules and budgets. You will take a primary position in activities involved with sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. You will serve as a resource to other engineering disciplines in facility or a portion of a given technology and act as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and process.
- Identifies, plans and executes projects (both major and minor) involved with software automation & controls improvement. (25%)
- Qualifies new equipment controls and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet appropriate and applicable engineering/government standards. (15%)
- Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity. Provides guidance to other Engineers, Associates, and line technicians in troubleshooting efforts. (20%)
- Identifies key opportunities to develop and implement new software and/or controls that will improve efficiency, product yield, and safety. (20%)
- Identifies key areas and provides technical training and support. (10%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Engineering
- A minimum of four (4) years of engineering experience or technical experience in manufacturing operations required
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working in FDA environment is preferred
- Project management experience is required
- Statistical design and analysis of experiments preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestic or international may be required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)